|By logging in with your username and password, you certify under penalty of perjury that you are the student associated with this username and password. Providing your username and password to another person is an act of academic dishonesty and may result in your removal from the class.||
Related Web Links and Resources
Welcome to the Blackboard e-Education platform—designed to enable educational innovations everywhere by connecting people and technology.
All Students: If you are enrolled in one of the summer classes listed below, your class will be conducted using our brand new Canvas software! You are going to be one of the Napa Valley College pioneers on this new system. Your teacher will be ready for you to log-in and to start using this new system by the first day of class. Click Here To Log-In: http://napavalley.instructure.com (Be sure to bookmark this link).
Cathy Gillis English 120 section #68591
Greg Miraglia Admj 120 section #68652
Wini Hunton-Chan English 120 section #68590
John (Peter) Hines English 121 #68592 AND English 125 section #68595
Christy Palella English 125 section #68598
Tia Madison SPCOM 124 section #68627
You can start learning how to use the Canvas system right now by exploring the video tutorials by clicking here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-3891#jive_content_id_Students
Stay Connected - Important Steps For Online Students
1. Be sure your email address is current in Blackboard and update it as necessary. Click Here To Learn How.
2. Change your password to one only you will know and remember. Click Here To Learn How.
3. Communicate with your instructor regularly.
Use Support Services To Help You Be Successful
1. Napa Valley College offers a wide range of services to support your learning. Click Here For Links To Student Services.
2. If you are having trouble accessing Blackboard, Click Here For Help.
3. Are you new to Blackboard? Click Here For Blackboard Video Tutorials.
How To Get Technical Support
If you forget your password or need technical support, you can submit a request for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Be sure to have your Napa Valley College student ID number available when submitting a request for help. Click Here To Submit A Request For Technical Support. If you have questions about course material and subject matter, contact your instructor directly.
ALL STUDENTS: The summer semester begins on June 5 and June 13th. You will have access to Blackboard 7 days before your class starts. Check WebAdvisor for a schedule of class start dates.
Your username was created using the first two letters of your first name, followed by the first two letters of your last name, followed by the last four digits of your Napa Valley College student ID number (WebAdvisor number). For example, if your name is John Smith and your ID number is 2341343, your username would be JOSM1343 (letters in caps). If you do not know your student ID number, check your registration receipt or log-in to WebAdvisor.
Your initial password is STUDENT (letters in caps). Once you log-in, you must change your password. Here is how to change your password.
1. After logging into Blackboard, click on drop-down menu located to the right of your name in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Click on "Settings" and then "Personal Information."
3. Click on "Change Password."
4. Enter a new password in both boxes and then click "Submit."
Your username and password are confidential and not to be shared with anyone. Never allow anyone else to log-in to Blackboard using your username and password. Doing so is a breach of academic honesty and could result in you being removed from your class.
After changing your password, click on "Edit Personal Information" and be sure the email address you check regularly is entered. It is imperative that you have a current email address entered here in order for your teachers to communicate with you.