|By logging in with your username and password, you certify under penalty of perjury that you are the student associated with this username and password. Providing your username and password to another person is an act of academic dishonesty and may result in your removal from the class.||
Related Web Links and Resources
Welcome to the Blackboard e-Education platform—designed to enable educational innovations everywhere by connecting people and technology.
If you are registering for a spring 2017 online or hybrid class, be sure to pay close attention to which system your class will be presented. Napa Valley College is in the process of transitioning from Blackboard to Canvas. Many classes will be offered on the new Canvas system this spring. Your instructor will email you with information about which system to use. You can learn more about Canvas on the online education web page at www.napavalley.edu/online-ed. As usual, you will have access to your 2017 spring class approximately 7 days before it begins. For classes starting the week of January 18, students will have access starting on January 11, 2017.
Stay Connected - Important Steps For Online Students
1. Be sure your email address is current in Blackboard and update it as necessary. Click Here To Learn How.
2. Change your password to one only you will know and remember. Click Here To Learn How.
3. Communicate with your instructor regularly.
Use Support Services To Help You Be Successful
1. Napa Valley College offers a wide range of services to support your learning. Click Here For Links To Student Services.
2. If you are having trouble accessing Blackboard, Click Here For Help.
3. Are you new to Blackboard? Click Here For Blackboard Video Tutorials.
How To Get Technical Support
If you forget your password or need technical support, you can submit a request for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Be sure to have your Napa Valley College student ID number available when submitting a request for help. Click Here To Submit A Request For Technical Support. If you have questions about course material and subject matter, contact your instructor directly.
ALL STUDENTS: The spring semester begins on January 17, 2017. You will have access to Blackboard 7 days before your class starts. Check WebAdvisor for a schedule of class start dates.
Your username was created using the first two letters of your first name, followed by the first two letters of your last name, followed by the last four digits of your Napa Valley College student ID number (WebAdvisor number). For example, if your name is John Smith and your ID number is 2341343, your username would be JOSM1343 (letters in caps). If you do not know your student ID number, check your registration receipt or log-in to WebAdvisor.
Your initial password is STUDENT (letters in caps). Once you log-in, you must change your password. Here is how to change your password.
1. After logging into Blackboard, click on drop-down menu located to the right of your name in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Click on "Settings" and then "Personal Information."
3. Click on "Change Password."
4. Enter a new password in both boxes and then click "Submit."
Your username and password are confidential and not to be shared with anyone. Never allow anyone else to log-in to Blackboard using your username and password. Doing so is a breach of academic honesty and could result in you being removed from your class.
After changing your password, click on "Edit Personal Information" and be sure the email address you check regularly is entered. It is imperative that you have a current email address entered here in order for your teachers to communicate with you.
This spring Napa Valley College will continue the move of online and hybrid classes to the new Canvas platform. Where will your class be? CLICK HERE to see the listing for spring 2017.